Saturday, March 10, 2007

The First Day - Conference Warmup.

Well, here I am Austin. Hotel problems had me checking in later then expect, but beyond that everything is going well. The warmup and pre-conference panel sessions were great and primarily geared towards meeting people, and finding out what the conference is all about.

Afterwards there were several company hosted events that let you get up close with all the attendees. I met so many people in the same field from all over the place. I met this guy Jeff who works at SEO optimzation company. We've been chatting and sharing tips and techniques.

The first panel session is about to begin in 20 minutes and it's titled "Why Is XSLT Sexy" It should be extremely informative. As I just started messing with XSLT a little bit ago so I hope to gain some good knowledge from this panel discussion.

Aftewards there are 4 to 5 other panels I want to attend in addition to the Fox Media Interactive Event, and Frog Meida Event this evening. I went to the Porto Novelli and Break Bread with Brad last evening and it was nice, though hard to speak to people due to all the music and noise. I really want to find a place tonight that allows for better communication.

No comments: